Parenthood Keeps Diseases At Bay’

London: Those who have two children are likely to be more healthier than their counterparts who are childless or have one kid, a new study has found.

The international research on 1.5 million people found that becoming a mother or father reduces the risk of serious health conditions such as cancer, heart disease or becoming an alcoholic.

But the benefits were only clear for men and women who had two children and those with one child, or none at all, were at increased risk of death from almost all the conditions studied, perhaps because they were less likely to look after their health, the study found.

The research also discovered that two children were optimum in terms of parents’ health and those with larger families have a higher risk of suffering from many diseases, perhaps because they had to cope with the stresses of looking after several kids.

“Four-plus children might have adverse effects arising from stress, socio-economic disadvantages and lifestyles, offsetting or even outweighing social benefits of parenthood,” said lead researcher Emily Grundy of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. PTI

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes mam its taken from TOI...
Really!!!!!! u wrote this?....
wow....
It was in TOI....Really good one...We want some more like these...
N we'll appreciate if u put ur stories urself on the discussion board here at admissionsnursery.com...

Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Hay, this is my story. A pick up from The Telegraph. Keep reading!!!
Wow... Its gr8... Well its very nicely written...
Oh never mind,i'll post ur articles in future(if i find any in the newspapers),with due credit to u....
N i definately want to read more of them...

Well, I wish I could post such stories on discuss board. But it would be against the policy of my organisation -- The Press Trust of India, the country's premier news agency.

You might have read my other stories too. Mr Vohra knows it better.

Cheers!

shaena rai said:
So I guess...
Choice is between "to remain alcoholic" OR "get divorced" :-)

Hi, for your information, there is another story on the topic in today's TOI. See the Trend section.

I am pasting below the first two para of my story, rest you can refer to TOI or Google.

Parents of twins 'more likely to divorce':study
London, Mar 16 (PTI) Couples with twins are four times
more likely to separate compared to others, a new study has
found.
According to the study titled "The effects of twins and
multiple births, families and their living standards", 28 per
cent of parents of twins or triplets separated or divorced,
compared with 24 per cent of other families.

Cheers!

shaena rai said:
Oh never mind,i'll post ur articles in future(if i find any in the newspapers),with due credit to u.... N i definately want to read more of them...
Well, I wish I could post such stories on discuss board. But it would be against the policy of my organisation -- The Press Trust of India, the country's premier news agency.

Cheers!

shaena rai said:
Wow Saroj ji....Awesome...
This one also too good.... i saw the article..
Hmmm quite interesting...But how do we come to know that a specific article is written by you?

Hi, for your information, there is another story on the topic in today's TOI. See the Trend section.

I am pasting below the first two para of my story, rest you can refer to TOI or Google.

Parents of twins 'more likely to divorce':study
London, Mar 16 (PTI) Couples with twins are four times
more likely to separate compared to others, a new study has
found.
According to the study titled "The effects of twins and
multiple births, families and their living standards", 28 per
cent of parents of twins or triplets separated or divorced,
compared with 24 per cent of other families.

Cheers!

shaena rai said:
Oh never mind,i'll post ur articles in future(if i find any in the newspapers),with due credit to u.... N i definately want to read more of them...

Cheers!

shaena rai said:
@shival : do u have twins?
Nice thoughts Shival ji.... What do u mean by 'remain alchoholic'? LOL....
I guess u assuming all r already alchoholic..... ;)
hahaha...no i don't have twins...i just have one kid who just turned 3.

I was actually relating both the articles-
As per first article - If one kid is there, its not good for health, you can become alcoholic.
As per second article - If plan for 2nd child, and u get twins, then chances of divorce are there.

So I was wondering between the 2 risky choices..... :-)

shaena rai said:
@shival : do u have twins?
Nice thoughts Shival ji.... What do u mean by 'remain alchoholic'? LOL....
I guess u assuming all r already alchoholic..... ;)
ha ha ha...... Ya its really very risky.... n gr8 thoughts Shival... hmmmmm ,u made me think on this:):):)
Ya i also agree with Mr. Sumit vohra. I was also waiting for my child to get admitted in a good achool, then plan for the second one
@Saroj: i have left my e mail id in ur inbox.plz check
Kudos to you Saroj...a lovely article....i read this on TOI and then Shaena posted it....But you made us confused...to try or not to try the second [f the result comes out TWINS :-)]........ha ha ha ha ha ha
yes , it is right to have 2 kids not because of this criteria but because of 2 kids ur child learn to share and care. and he doesnt feel like alone ..and doesnt depend on children outside the home for playing games ..elder one is always there for his younger sis or broth.

RSS

First and Only Book on Nursery Admissions in India authored by our founder Mr Sumit Vohra

Join Facebook and get all your queries answered by our founder Mr Sumit Vohra

Latest Activity

Sevakram replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions - NBT 22 Oct - नर्सरी : बढ़ सकता है स्टाफ कोटे का दायरा
"What is the definition of Staff? Only permanent teachers, administrative and support staff. Does…"
22 minutes ago
rashi liked rashi 's profile
51 minutes ago
51 minutes ago
51 minutes ago
Profile Iconrashi , Kriti sharma, Manish Pandey and 24 more joined Nursery School Admissions in Delhi and NCR 2015 - 2016
52 minutes ago
Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion was featured
1 hour ago
dbp liked Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions - Hindustan Times Oct 20 - AdmissionsNursery.com Survey Impact - “The government has decided to do away with the alumni points !!
1 hour ago
dbp replied to SHESH RAM PATEL's discussion nursery admissions in east delhi
"Thx sakshi... any information on when these schools will come with the forms Also in your opinion…"
1 hour ago
Kriti sharma posted a status
"NK BAGRODIA PUBLIC SCHOOL, ROHINI"
3 hours ago
"MONTFORT SCHOOL, ASHOK VIHAR"
3 hours ago
"Delhi Public School, Ryan International"
3 hours ago
Kriti sharma joined Sakshi (Moderator)'s group
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat My Great Web page Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...