Parenthood Keeps Diseases At Bay’



London: Those who have two children are likely to be more healthier than their counterparts who are childless or have one kid, a new study has found.

The international research on 1.5 million people found that becoming a mother or father reduces the risk of serious health conditions such as cancer, heart disease or becoming an alcoholic.

But the benefits were only clear for men and women who had two children and those with one child, or none at all, were at increased risk of death from almost all the conditions studied, perhaps because they were less likely to look after their health, the study found.

The research also discovered that two children were optimum in terms of parents’ health and those with larger families have a higher risk of suffering from many diseases, perhaps because they had to cope with the stresses of looking after several kids.

“Four-plus children might have adverse effects arising from stress, socio-economic disadvantages and lifestyles, offsetting or even outweighing social benefits of parenthood,” said lead researcher Emily Grundy of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. PTI

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes mam its taken from TOI...
Really!!!!!! u wrote this?....
wow....
It was in TOI....Really good one...We want some more like these...
N we'll appreciate if u put ur stories urself on the discussion board here at admissionsnursery.com...

Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Hay, this is my story. A pick up from The Telegraph. Keep reading!!!
Wow... Its gr8... Well its very nicely written...
Oh never mind,i'll post ur articles in future(if i find any in the newspapers),with due credit to u....
N i definately want to read more of them...

Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Well, I wish I could post such stories on discuss board. But it would be against the policy of my organisation -- The Press Trust of India, the country's premier news agency.

You might have read my other stories too. Mr Vohra knows it better.

Cheers!


shaena rai said:
Yes mam its taken from TOI...
So I guess...
Choice is between "to remain alcoholic" OR "get divorced" :-)


Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Hi, for your information, there is another story on the topic in today's TOI. See the Trend section.

I am pasting below the first two para of my story, rest you can refer to TOI or Google.

Parents of twins 'more likely to divorce':study
London, Mar 16 (PTI) Couples with twins are four times
more likely to separate compared to others, a new study has
found.
According to the study titled "The effects of twins and
multiple births, families and their living standards", 28 per
cent of parents of twins or triplets separated or divorced,
compared with 24 per cent of other families.



Cheers!


shaena rai said:
Wow... Its gr8... Well its very nicely written...
Oh never mind,i'll post ur articles in future(if i find any in the newspapers),with due credit to u.... N i definately want to read more of them...
Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Well, I wish I could post such stories on discuss board. But it would be against the policy of my organisation -- The Press Trust of India, the country's premier news agency.

You might have read my other stories too. Mr Vohra knows it better.

Cheers!


shaena rai said:
Yes mam its taken from TOI...
Wow Saroj ji....Awesome...
This one also too good.... i saw the article..
Hmmm quite interesting...But how do we come to know that a specific article is written by you?

Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Hi, for your information, there is another story on the topic in today's TOI. See the Trend section.

I am pasting below the first two para of my story, rest you can refer to TOI or Google.

Parents of twins 'more likely to divorce':study
London, Mar 16 (PTI) Couples with twins are four times
more likely to separate compared to others, a new study has
found.
According to the study titled "The effects of twins and
multiple births, families and their living standards", 28 per
cent of parents of twins or triplets separated or divorced,
compared with 24 per cent of other families.



Cheers!


shaena rai said:
Wow... Its gr8... Well its very nicely written...
Oh never mind,i'll post ur articles in future(if i find any in the newspapers),with due credit to u.... N i definately want to read more of them...
Saroj Kumar Pattnaik said:
Well, I wish I could post such stories on discuss board. But it would be against the policy of my organisation -- The Press Trust of India, the country's premier news agency.

You might have read my other stories too. Mr Vohra knows it better.

Cheers!


shaena rai said:
Yes mam its taken from TOI...
@shival : do u have twins?
Nice thoughts Shival ji.... What do u mean by 'remain alchoholic'? LOL....
I guess u assuming all r already alchoholic..... ;)
hahaha...no i don't have twins...i just have one kid who just turned 3.

I was actually relating both the articles-
As per first article - If one kid is there, its not good for health, you can become alcoholic.
As per second article - If plan for 2nd child, and u get twins, then chances of divorce are there.

So I was wondering between the 2 risky choices..... :-)


shaena rai said:
@shival : do u have twins?
Nice thoughts Shival ji.... What do u mean by 'remain alchoholic'? LOL....
I guess u assuming all r already alchoholic..... ;)
ha ha ha...... Ya its really very risky.... n gr8 thoughts Shival... hmmmmm ,u made me think on this:):):)
Ya i also agree with Mr. Sumit vohra. I was also waiting for my child to get admitted in a good achool, then plan for the second one
@Saroj: i have left my e mail id in ur inbox.plz check
Kudos to you Saroj...a lovely article....i read this on TOI and then Shaena posted it....But you made us confused...to try or not to try the second [f the result comes out TWINS :-)]........ha ha ha ha ha ha
yes , it is right to have 2 kids not because of this criteria but because of 2 kids ur child learn to share and care. and he doesnt feel like alone ..and doesnt depend on children outside the home for playing games ..elder one is always there for his younger sis or broth.

RSS

Latest Activity

asb replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions Dates only with AdmissionsNursery .com -EXCLUSIVE FOR DELHI NURSERY 2015 - 2016 RESULTS / DRAW OF LOTS
"@ Sumit for which school"
3 minutes ago
Lathaa Manavalan replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions Dates only with AdmissionsNursery .com -EXCLUSIVE FOR DELHI NURSERY 2015 - 2016 RESULTS / DRAW OF LOTS
"Congrats Mr.Jasmeet!  Accept a strong foundation in needed for a child in early learning…"
11 minutes ago
Lathaa Manavalan replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions Dates only with AdmissionsNursery .com -EXCLUSIVE FOR DELHI NURSERY 2015 - 2016 RESULTS / DRAW OF LOTS
"  BAL BHARATI PUBLIC SCHOOL, PITAMPURA PRE-SCHOOL ADMISSION 2015-16 SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FOR…"
25 minutes ago
JASMEET SINGH replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions Dates only with AdmissionsNursery .com -EXCLUSIVE FOR DELHI NURSERY 2015 - 2016 RESULTS / DRAW OF LOTS
"3 years before class 1 had made me think earlier. But for now I'm going with Santa Maria…"
31 minutes ago
Subhadip Bhattacharya replied to Hemant's discussion BGS Dwarka review
"Hemantji Congrats.....it will be really kind of you if you can let me know what is the normal…"
45 minutes ago
akhil sharma replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions - Delhi Admissions Open 2015-2016 ~ Common official thread for school admissions Forms Dates, Results - Parents are requested to update the thread with confirmed admissions dates n
"What should one opt. Salwan Montessori or bal bharati pusa road?"
45 minutes ago
Bhuvnesh Gupta replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions - Delhi Admissions Open 2015-2016 ~ Common official thread for school admissions Forms Dates, Results - Parents are requested to update the thread with confirmed admissions dates n
"Hi Sakshi mam and all, I got SMS for admission in Gitarattan Jindal Public School, Sec 07,…"
51 minutes ago
Sumit Goswami replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions - Delhi Admissions Open 2015-2016 ~ Common official thread for school admissions Forms Dates, Results - Parents are requested to update the thread with confirmed admissions dates n
"amity>bluebells>gyanbharti>cambridge"
54 minutes ago
Sumit Goswami replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions - Delhi Admissions Open 2015-2016 ~ Common official thread for school admissions Forms Dates, Results - Parents are requested to update the thread with confirmed admissions dates n
"Sakshi madam... please rank the following (1) Springdales Dhaulakuan (2) Sardar Patel, Lodhi…"
55 minutes ago
Lathaa Manavalan replied to NITIN KUMAR's discussion THE INDIAN HEIGHTS OR SVIS
"SVIS> Indian Heights overall."
1 hour ago
Sumit Goswami replied to Sakshi (Moderator)'s discussion Nursery Admissions Dates only with AdmissionsNursery .com -EXCLUSIVE FOR DELHI NURSERY 2015 - 2016 RESULTS / DRAW OF LOTS
"They had also called on phone whosover was selected."
1 hour ago
pankaj ahuja replied to BM's discussion Duplicate names for Bal Bharati Pitampura
"@ BM -Good Observation! Serial no 800 & 801 is also duplicate in d list."
1 hour ago

© 2015   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service