Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Please share your views whether the age criteria shud be 3 yrs + or 4 yrs + on 31 mar

we are getting mixed views  regarding age criteria .some parents feel 3 yrs very small age

and others feel its perfect age as kids are very intelligent these days

pls share pros and cons

Views: 392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think 4 years is the perfect age to get admission in nursery class. By this age kids understand the things more relevantly.
I feel that it shud be atleast 4 years, before this age child is not strong/matured enough to handle himself/herself
if we copy every act of Western World , why not this ? More over No one is going to compell to keep our child at home
He/She can enjoy with other children in play school as well !

Hardeep Singh
NRN, ND-60
Hi All, i also totally agree with somali & rashee. The right age is definately 3.5+ and it shud happen Pan Delhi so that there is one rule for all.
I think the perfect age is 3 since the kids learn things very fast and 3 year old kid has a suffcient understanding to take that curiculam
Three years is a very tender age for a child to be pressurised.This is an ideal age for play school. For Nursery class four years should be very ideal. No matter how intelligent the child is, at three years the child is still in the formative stage and any kind of pressure will hinder his mental growth. Gaurav Katoch.
Whether it is 3 yrs + or 4 years + , it should be the same for all schools. I am interested in putting my child in DPS Noida since my daughter is also in the same school. He would be eligible for this school only in the next session as he will be 4 by then, where as for all other schools he is eligible for this session ie., 2010-2011.
I'm in a fix. If i put him in any other school, it becomes difficult for us as working parents to cope up with different schedules, and if I put him in DPS, we are wasting 1 full year as other children of his age would always remain 1 year ahead of him. What to do?
I feel 4 yrs + is the right age to start. I have observed that this is the age when they absorb anything thrown at them.
3 yrs is a little too early.
dear sir,
i think 3.5 is right age for a kid to get admitted in formal school..i seriously dont know why parents are afraid to send kids to school when they are sending them to playschools...some say formal schools will put burden on kids ? what is the burden and pressure they are talking about..if schools put burden then playschools are no far and i simply cant send my kid to playschool for 2 years...
and finally the best govt can do is have eligibility date for 4+ as on 30th september it sinply cant be 31st march i will explain why...most of the kids who will turn 4 or 4+ as on 31st march 2011 have already been admitted to schools in 2010 itself since age cretria in 2010-11 is 3+...so if this happens who will get admitted to schools except few who missed admission last year...so govt has no option but to have eligibity same as last year or 4+ as on 30th sep 2011....so parents need to relax and not crib about having 4+ as 31st march or they can have there kid continue with playschools...
regards
Rahul
In my view 3.5 is the perfect age to go to school. Though putting pressure of studies on these kids will harsh. There should be a balance between studies & other activities so that kids can develop interest in studies as well as learn about other things also. I don't want my kid to go to nursery class & learn again all the things that she has done in the last year as well. This will kill her zeal to learn new things. The time gap between nursery class to 1st class (First year in nursery than 1year in K.G. Class then 1st class is a bit too long) should be minimized rather than age criteria to be increased.
hi
In my opinion the age should be 4yrs old.
age should be 3.5 years to 4.5 years.this is possible by making c.o.d 30th september as it was earlier. there was no need to change it on march
4+ is the appropriate age! A child is physically, mentally & emotionally more stable to take on the outer world.

Besides, what's the hurry? These are the only years a child spends at home, thereafter its an endless cycle - school, college, higher college, job - for decades & decades!

I think a lot of parents want freedom, many want freedom to earn more money therefore want their child out and settled as fast as possible.

Enjoy your child. Let the child enjoy some more time at home. Thats the choice our parents made. Thats the choice we as parents have made. Whatever maybe the government policy, whatever way the world may go - we think this is right and this way we go.

RSS

Latest Activity

nidhi is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
15 hours ago
Sakshi (Moderator) replied to Shashank Mishra's discussion Good School in Ghaziabad
Tuesday
Shashank Mishra posted a discussion
Tuesday
Shashank Mishra is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Tuesday
Anamika Sharma is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Sunday
Profile IconBhawna and Bhawna joined Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
May 17
Mayank Jain is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
May 12
Sakshi (Moderator) replied to Mehak's discussion Best CBSE schools in Noida