Ok, this post is nothing but just a rant from a parent. High chances are that if you have not gone through this, you will not understand it. It is a horrible, frustrating and irritating process. So let me to take it out:-
- There is no uniform age criteria for Nursery admissions in NCR. Some schools set it as 3- 4 years, others keep it as 3.5- 4 years, most good schools keep the latter. So if your child is born after 30 Sept, you will miss a chance to apply in these schools. Hence, it is concluded next time you conceive, please take care that your child should be born by Sept to safeguard his admission in a good school :-/
- The schools are also bothered about your place of stay. You should belong to the same district as in the school. If you are in Indirapuram, chances are your kid will not be considered for admission in Noida. Even if the distance between Indirapuram & Noida is just 3 kms. So parents please take your home nearby good schools & be assured.
- Even if the school is mediocre the fees for forms will be around 1k. So if you apply for around 6-7 schools, you are already down with 6k or more. Yes, schools have to cover their advertising & printing expense but cant this be reasonable!
- For 90% schools in my area, i would have to shell out 1 lakh approx as my daughters admission for the first time. The admission fee ranges from 60-70 k & monthly fees is between 4- 5 k. Are you serious, i think i have done my whole schooling in one lakh and here this is just one time payment. And , the fees is subjected to revision every year. So as soon as you get married, please take a child plan which helps you to save money for their education. You will be saved from shock later on.
- Lets look at the admission process now. You have to fill forms that ask your annual income & this field is mandatory. The child has to give an interview as well as the parents. Ok, now these children are very moody beings, they do not follow a pattern. Hence, they may not respond to questions asked & can be considered ineligible. For the parents, they can be judged on their personality, confidence & communication. But not all parents may be blessed with high incomes or great English speaking skills. But i am sure all of us want good education for our child & give them the best. Its a dream for all parents to put their child in the best school but alas this dream is becoming more difficult than cracking CAT or IAS exams.
And after all this there will be a date on which results will be announced. If your name is there, consider your self lucky & grab your seat. If its not there, work hard & keep trying your luck.
Since i was so filled up i wrote this post & just now checked result of FAS, not selected..whom to blame?