Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

5 points under transfer category are scrapped Feb 27, 2014 |

Age Correspondent | New Delhi Email this page Printer-friendly version In a last-minute change, the Delhi government has scrapped the five additional points to be given to parents who fall under the inter-state transfer category for the nursery admissions. A notification regarding this will be issued on Thursday. Residents of Delhi had moved court against the transfer quota, claiming it was unfair as their children had been deprived of five points in the open seat parameters.

The department of education (DoE) informed the Delhi high court about the change and the court has asked the Delhi government to take a decision regarding inter-state transfer category in nursery admissions and to come out with a fresh schedule for the draw of lots by Thursday. The court also asked the city government to calculate the number of seats available for seven categories of disabled kids in nursery admissions after implementing the statutory three per cent quota in the total intake by private unaided schools. Justice Manmohan passed the order after the Delhi government submitted there has been massive misuse of the inter-state transfer category.

Most of the parents in the national capital appreciated the move, however, some of them were in dilemma as the schools will have to recaliberate the points now. “I welcome the decision. It’s a big relief. Earlier, I had filled forms in 20-21 schools but chances were extremely low, as most of the parents were getting five additional points under the inter-state transfer points,” according to Shantanu Mehrotra.

Mr Sumit Vohra, founder of the admissionsnursery.com, who has been fighting against the transfer points said the parents are content as the “points were being misused by many parents.” “We were fighting for this cause and finally proved to the DoE that this point has being misused by giving documentary evidence. It is a big victory for the residents of Delhi who are living here for last 30-40 years,” Mr Vohra said.The DoE came to the conclusion about the misuse of the transfer points after a survey was carried out.

The survey, in 58 leading private schools in the city, revealed a massive misuse of transfer points. Earlier, the Delhi high court had asked the city government to explain the logic behind state transfer points. “What is the logic behind these five points? Why should one get additional points for getting transferred here? We don’t see any logic in this. It is open to malpractice,” said division bench of acting Chief Justice B.D. Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul while hearing a plea challenging the transfer category in new nursery admission guidelines.

Views: 1284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations Mr. Vohra
really good news
What about those who has got seats in 70 pts general category draw ?

Redraw....very good

VOHRA SAAHAB, GAREEB KI BHI LADAI ME HISSA LELO USKI AAWAZ KO BHI INSAAF DILAO, YE EWS CERTIFICATE AUR 0-1 KMS CRITERIA NE BAHUT SE GAREEB BACHCHO KA HAQ CHHEEN LIYA HE, FAKE EWS CERTIFICATES DENE WAALO KO ADMISSION KE LIYE VALID MANA JA RAHA JABKI JIN GAREEB BACHCHO KO ADMISSION KI JYAADA JAROORAT HE WO TO DISTANCE CRITERIA ME HI NAHI AATE, ISS LIYE AAP SE VINATI HE ISS SAB KE KE KHILAAF BHI COURT ME APEAL KIJIYE KUCHH GAREEB BACHCHO KA BHALA HO JAYEGA KYUNKI SCHOOL MANAGEMENT TO IN GAREEB LOGO SUNTA HI NAHI HE .

ISS LIYE KUCHH AISA KARE KI GAREEB BACHCHO KA BHI BHALA HO.

AASHA HE AAP ISSE SAMZHENGE AUR KOI UCHIT ACTION LENGE

sir ji , ALL SC and ST crorepatis fall under EWS. This is a natioanal wide issue. Till any of congress, BJP, its allies or even third front exists, this issue will never GO. 

I agree...i was crossing by Bal bharti dwarka on the day of EWS draw....merc, audi , bmw all were parked outside waiting for the the result of their owner child to be admitted in the EWS category. A passerby can identify this but the schools cant and above all thegov make such rules ...

Thanks to all the parents and Admissionnursery.com........do we expect to get 5 points for first child now.

As per DOE guidelines the first list of selected childrens was supposed to be published on 28th....why schools were in a hurry of posting the list before 28th.......the verdict came before 28th so redraw should be done for all except siblilng.

Can understand the situation of parents from general category who get selected in the draw, but they also get fair chance of getting selected in a better school, cannot think of someone sticking to the school they got selected with if they get selected in a school say DPS in a redraw.

Thanks to all the Parent community and Mr Vohra , we as parents ,born n bought up in Delhi are fighting for admissions in our own city for our childs admission . Transfer points null is a great achievement for us as Delhihities ...cheers.

What about child who got selected in girl child quota lucky draw??

Thank You GOD ....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat