Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Asian Age 13 Feb ~ Parents still in a fix over admissions,Many schools draw nursery lots, don’t inform parents.

Parents still in a fix over admissions

THE ASIAN AGE.
Published : Feb 13, 2018, 1:38 am IST
Updated : Feb 13, 2018, 1:39 am IST

Many schools draw nursery lots, don’t inform parents.

Some parents were left confused as the schools conducted draw of lots without any notification. (Representational image)
 Some parents were left confused as the schools conducted draw of lots without any notification. (Representational image)

NEW DELHI: Days before the first list for nursery admissions is to be uploaded by the schools, chaos and confusion reigned supreme as hassled parents complained of ambiguous and non-transparent ways adopted by the sought after schools in the draw of lots process.

From conducting draw of lots in the absence of parents to changing admission criteria at the last minute, the grievances have left the parents panicking.

A parent who attended the draw of lots in Tagore International School, East of Kailash, said, “The box already had slips inside it before the start of the event. No one knew if our child’s name appeared in the lots or not. Also, only 27 total candidates’ list was published on the school board and 10 were waitlisted for general category. The total seats available in general category was 102”.

Some parents were left confused as the schools conducted draw of lots without any notification.

“I have applied for my kid in New Green Field School, Alaknanda. The draw of lots was not mentioned in their circular, but, unfortunately, they did it today without informing us. When I enquired, they said that it has been done and that the parents should attend,” an exasperated parent said.

Another said, “The school only put slips of parents attending the draw of lots and not of those who did not attend”.

Sumit Vohra, founder of admissionsnursery.com, an online forum for the parent community, said that the Directorate of Education should double check with the schools regarding parents’ complaints by checking the videography mandatory for the draw of lots process.

Meanwhile, many schools have still not uploaded the details of applicants on the DoE website, even as the deadline for the same was February 1.

Out of the schools that have followed the deadline, many of them have uploaded either incomplete or partial information on the website.

Views: 719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes

I have seen also blue bells school.

yesterday lucky drew time 3 PM I have reached that school 2.50 already some slips in draw box and they school premise said they have selected 35 student name left 15 name announce for waiting list for general category. All school not properly updated there website total we are in confuse how can study provide the to our child its very difficult. Yes not understanding admission process

Kavita

Bluebells is sought after but not transparent at all from many years.

RSS

Latest Activity

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat