Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Pls suggest which is a better option between BBPS or BGS. Factors are academics, extra curricular and Discipline. BBPS is a brand name but I heard acedemics wise, BGS is better. Pls suggest

Views: 2880

Replies to This Discussion

In BGS, if we talk about Nursery, teacher-student ratio is ~35-40 :1 teacher and one didi. Please note "Didi" by no mean is teacher and is just a helper.  I guess we are talking about qualified teachers here and if that is the case then it is just ONE. So it comes to ~35-40:1 which I think is very healthy and manageable.

About fee of BGS, yes they charge 50 K one time in addition to annual+Q1 fees but that 50K was backed by receipt stating "Advance Fee". I dont know when it will be settled and I feel that is a decsion of school management. But based on my survey of Dwarka School, BGS is not charging heafty amount. If you spread this 50K over the years your child is going to study there, you will get your answer.

All in all, this is a good school with high standards.

Yes Mandeep, I also have the same thoughts abt BGS. Another thing I came to know today that BGS gives 20% discount(tuition fees only) to sibling. I think no other school, even in delhi has such kind of provisions. This means that BGS promotes siblings category which is good for parents and for those parents who plans for 2 kids. On the other hand if you see BBPS or DPS, there is no gurantee if second child will be selected in sibling criteria.

@Vipin, I also agree with you but to some extent. But BBPS does not involve the 180 students in extra curricular activities or international activities. They only have selected students or the top cream you can say whom they promote for school activities. On the other hand, BGS has 100% participation of all 150 students. Even in annual functional, BGS makes sure that all the students participates in events.

All Parents, This feedback I have not received by just vising the schools or on phone. For the past 1 week, I have approached around 10 BGS parents and gathered the feedback. Because this is the matter of our child's career. I even have to take the decision in 2 days whether I should go for BBPS or BGS. Even I talked to the primary wing head of BBPS(I will not take her name). She only told me that BBPS has 45 students in one class thoughout from Nursery to class 12th with just 1 teacher.

Hi preeti, thanks a ton for the detailed feedback.....trust me, u are helping a lt of parents out here. In the past 4-5 days, even i have talked to many parents. I havent met any parent who is dissatisfied with Bgs. All have praises for this school

@ Preeti

Yes ! This is true that BBPS promote a few students or 'creme de la creme' for the extra curricular activities. This is the practice, all old schools follow and a few new one also but generally followed, whose intake is higher like DPS etc.or whose student-teacher ratio is high like Modern Convent in Dwarka.

Yes ! This is also true that BGS ensures that every student participate in Annual function. This is the rare and difficult practice for any school, which functions with full capacity and is generally followed by the schools whose strength is less or play schools.

However, I have always admired BGS in my previous posts also, but like I wrote earlier also, that it still lags in activities and will take a few more years to come to the level of BBPS in extra/co-curricular activities and inter-school competitions. 

Your kid will go only in Nursery this year. Hopefully, BGS will also grow with your child.

All the best!!

Regards

@ Preeti

I find both schools good with their pluses and minuses.

However, I always wrote good things about BGS and still sees it a very good option.

Here is the link of my first post which I wrote in 2009 about BGS.

It's really a good and simple upcoming school. Reasonable fee, good...

Hi Vipin, Thanks for your feedback. Your ward is studying in which school. I understand that this is a tough call. I am very much interested in BGS but my husband is intereted for BBPS because of brand name. I think most of the parents goes for it(brand name). So i am trying to convince my husband. Lets see. I shall update as soon we make up our mind.

Hi Divya, we as a parent want the best of the best school for our kids so that we do not have to regret our decision later. As you know, it is very difficult later if you want to change the school from one to another. So we can try our best at t

his level. If you have got any feedback for BGS then pls share.

I would want if we get our kid admitted in BGS then we can form the group so that we can always be in touch and can meet in schools also. What you all suggest. 

Thanks..

Hi Vipin, If BGS lags in extra curricular activities then I dont mind. Because my first preference is academics and I think BGS is doing good in this. Extra curricular activities we can have outside school also. BGS has Inter school competitions after studying their website like debates, quizzes, olympiads, music, art n craft, sports. So what are the other activities where BGS is not involved. Even in sports BGS have every sport like football academy, cricket, basketball, skating ring, tennis academy, badminton, tekwendo. I dont mind if BGS does not have swimming pool. Thanks..

Hi Preeti
If academics is your priority then BGS will be the better option than BBPS, for the obvious reasons like individual attention etc.
In BGS, activities, which you wrote are there and all the children are encouraged to participate in all the activities. This is also true that in graduation day ceremony, which is like annual function of Montessori section, all 150 students participate(100% participation. Principal and staff are involved at all the levels and will make you feel special at occasions and not like old schools which make you stand like beggars at the gate of the school which starts from the collection of the form for admission.
But one thing which I wrote that it lags in activities is, if I compare it with BBPS, are exchange programmes and students visit to NASA etc.and some inter-school competitions. BBPS has advantages because of their group which is very old and generally gets the invitations from all the inter-school competitions held in good schools of central and south Delhi. BGS will take a few more years to reach that level.This is my point.
I know BGS when it didn't have enough students and didn't even celebrate annual function and taking admission was not so difficult as it is now and some parents whom I know,sent their wards to MDH International(I think many on this forum haven't even heard that this school exists) in sec-6 instead of this.It didn't even have a website but now it takes the admission online.Sports activities were almost nil. Now it has football and tennis academies. So it has grown a lot and still growing and one of the best schools of Dwarka. If you decide for BGS also, you cant go wrong.
Regards

Hi Preeti/Vipin,

Whatever feedback I have got from the parents is all positive about BGS, infact I have heard many parents stating that people are moving their wards out from DPS, Bal Bharti to BGS, because of the academics there. Regarding extra curricular activities, one of the parents told me, the ratio is like 70:30 i.e. 70 academics and 30 extra. Also not to mention, the parent said, they dont keep students involved in mainly extra curricular and waste time like many other new aged schools these days. They have a good propotion of both things and mainly send their children for inter state, national level competitions and dont really believe in sending kids frequently for within-Dwarka schools competition as that wastes a lot of time of the kids.  I hope you guys got my point.

Hi Preeti/Vipin/Divya,

Thanks for your detailed analysis on BGS. What I have heard from some parents whose kids are in BGS is

1) Principal is very good and approchable.

2) BGS is on the growing side.

3) Doesn't seems to be purely money minded school

4) Academically very good

I think after all these 4 points I am convinced about BGS. I personally believe Brand Name is myth and it purely varies from person to person. I have never seen BGS advertisements also I think BGS do not participate in surverys. These two parameters plays a vital role in brand building.

Extra curricular and other activites will play a vital role in our kids career but not at this stage (Nursery level) may be after 4-5 years once our kids are in 2-3 class. By then lets stand together with our kids and regularly meet principal mam with our suggestions which may take BGS to a new high.

Ankit

Hi preeti....have sent you a friend request....pls accept

Hello Mam!

My daughter got selected in St. Mary and Bgs can u pls help me by giving your feedback in detail.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat