Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Gurgaon/Faridabad Admissions Open 2013-2014 common thread for school admissions forms,dates ,parents are requested to update the thread with admissions dates

PARENTS ARE REQUESTED TO UPDATE THREAD WITH ADMISSION DATES ONLY AND START DIFFERENT THREAD /BLOG FOR ANY OTHER QUERY.

Views: 52173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Deepten, I followed the law of elimination to arrive at Scottish.

There are very limited schools in gurgaon that fulfill what i look for in a school for my son-

1) i dont believe in alternate education and thus Heritage and Shikshantar dont feature in my list

2) I dont believe in pure academic orientation (my son is very right brained) - schools like DPS, Amity, DAV fall out

3) I wanted ICSE or CBSE board, a decent academic record and a good mix of ECA - landed up shortlisting only Shriram, Scottish and Suncity.

Shriram and Suncity are still a while away and therefore at present Scottish seemed like the best bet.

Scottish has

a) good academic results - the topper this year in Class 12 from NCR was from Scottish -

b) has a healthy focus on eca - tennis, arts, etc are high priorty

c) Is day boarding - for working parents like me, it is a boon.

Hence, the "sought after" feeling ... ofcourse, distance does play a role for me as well. Scottish is 10 minutes from where i live and i didnt want my child to travel too much. Hence, Delhi schools were out. Hope this helps ..

Hi Deepten,

Well, I would be one of the parents who didn't even bother to stand in the line..I just didn't care for the process. To me, it seemed suspiciously like unwarranted marketing hype. You tell me, how democratic is the first-come-first served approach? And if the HT School Survey is anything to go by, it didn't even figure in the Top 10 schools in Gurgaon. But again, choosing a school is a very personal decision. What works for me, may not work for you. 

Vandana, great points.

I too secured a seat in SH today. Was surprised when I got call for interaction two days ago. It forced me to think why this after a month! and when the school had first cum first serve criteria to nullify the large number of applications received.

>>>>good academic results - the topper this year in Class 12 from NCR was from Scottish -

is it really true ? do we have any proof for this ? just curious. i never expected this

Hi Rohit ... the papers covered it .. sometime in May ... if you google it, you will find it ... it was a girl if i remember correctly !

i guess she was from Blue bells...23 childrens were in top list

Yeah Meetu im wondering whats the sudden change like.Im sure Heritage is one big reason. I too had an interaction today in SH 

hi meetu, 

i heard some stuff about SH. They are rejecting children on the ground of intelligence telling parents to consider for pre-nursery instead of nursery when as per age criteria they are eligible for nursery. I feel it is extremely shameless and unnecessary exploitation of parents. Might be thats why they have some vacant seats now and they are again calling for interaction after a very firm NO.

I need not say much about the school. just wanted to share.

Also want to add that i do not doubt the school in terms of education might be one of the best sought out school of gurgaon, i am just telling about their approach. (Which is very wrong.)

Vandana..topper in which board?...NCR is all about CBSE...so if a student is a topper in NCR in CBSE board then only its a big thing.

Vandana, the interaction in SH is tomorrow. Not even sure whether we will go for the interaction or not. If this is the way they conduct the admission process what good values they will give to the children.

I agree Meetu ... however, given the limited options, I dont think we have much choice. Am sure

Hi Vandana, i got a seat in SH.Could you help me with the payment details and whats the process. However, Now I keen to know the Suncity results also. If I make the payment in SH  how much would be refunded incase i dont admit my kid there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat