Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Nursery Admissions - Gurgaon Admissions Open 2015-2016 ~ Common official thread for school admissions forms dates, results . Parents are requested to update the thread with admissions dates

Views: 135043

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Rajat, My child is in pre-nursery in some other school. I am not able to decide if my child should get admission in nursery in 2015-16 session or not? And if taking admission then which school among Amity 43 / Shalom Hills / St. Xaviers.

Rajat/Sakshi, please give your opinion.

Thanks

Rohit

Rohit, we are in the same boat. My son is going in a play school and is eligible for Nursery by 1st April. However I haven't found any good schools like DPS 45, Salwan, etc where I can get him into.

Also, I found that he was one of the youngest (in size\height as well) when I went for interaction at Blue Bells.

The other thought I have is to let him get settled in a good school at pre-nursery and progress as per the course. These days we do not have compulsions that he needs to be at right age for number of attempts in govt jobs and other competitive exams as it used to be a reason earlier- The reason why parents used to get the birth year changed in the birth certificate.

Thanks Rajat for sharing your views. Any idea which is better school between Shalom hills and Amity 43..

My friend used to have his children in SH before he moves to Pune. He had asked me to avoid the school, so I never considered it.
About Amity, I have no personal research but what I read from the forum is that it is just okay kind of school. Nothing special in it.

My elder daughter is 4th march born,DPS strictly refused to take her in current class ,they follow age criteria.

Do you mean Nursery when you say current class?

Rajat,School follows age ariteria at every class,this is past experience with us

Rajat,

may please elaborate as I 3+ ( March 31,2015) is the Biggest Criteria I had while admitting my daughter in GD Goenka ( I selected only THREE schools - GDG,Amity -Sector 43 ( being I stay in Power Grid) and Ridge Valley).....Entire Delhi has the criteria of 3+ but in Gurgaon no single rule even the schools like DPS/Shriram who have the criteria of 3+ in Delhi have different criteria in Gurgaon.Lotus Valley has 3 year,3 Month criteria for the parent school ( ie Noida) but here they have different......

Sakshi's Opinion was straight entire Delhi admit the kids at 3+ so why the kid need to wait for an year, if school is reasonably good

Do share your views.

This topic is actually something where there is no wrong or right thing and a lot depends on your personal belief. Technically you are right all Delhi schools admit at 3+ and the schools admitting with the same criteria in Gurgaon are not doing a any injustice.

Even I am indecisive at the moment on taking a Pre Nursery or a Nursery admission. Some friends have talked about going with Pre Nursery as the child's mental (development of brain, thinking ability) and physical development (height, built, etc) is as per the age, to which I also agree. However there is no scientific proof to these factors.

I also have GEMS in my mind where I will save 1 year of my child. But then I may have to move out to a different school in couple of years if it doesn't turn out to be good in academics, as it is still unproven.

But if I go with my gut-feel, I would prefer him to start in Pre Nursery so that he is not one of the youngest children in the whole class. I would let him spend one more year and learn as the schools have defined for Pre Nursery.

Rajat, if a school has age criteria of 3+ then how will your son be youngest in the class? there would be many other children of the same age in the class. 

scientifically, by age 5 maximum development of the brain happens. 

I understand what you are saying. My son is Feb born and there might be very few children in age group Jan to Mar.

Another problem I have is that there are limited schools with Age criteria of 3+ for nusery near my place.

Seemaa brain development age might be very subjective and may depend from child to child as it is applicable for height.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat