Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Plz let me know if somebody received the call for interaction?

how much time school takes to start calling people for interaction after form submission???any reviews and suggestions in concern to admission to suncity...

Views: 887

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, we got a call from suncity for interaction.

Hi Bhavna ,

Thanks for the valuable information . Please can u let us know if u hav applied under

certain category (like sibling) becoz when we call up @ school they are not transparent with the process. They say due to certain reason few parents are called otherwise result will be declared on 1st oct.

Can u brief about ur interaction , whats it all about?

HI,

We were called for the interaction sometime last week and asked to come on this Monday at scheduled time. I don't have idea on what basis it was called, so cant help anyone to figure out the process or ideology. Our child is eldest and first time applicant in Suncity.

Timeline: 30 Sept the final list should be out.

The interview was fairly simple. Questions hover around:

1) They are keen to know why prefer Suncity over other schools. 

2) What are your expectation from School? What do you feel is important for your child and how Suncity can help you?

3) What do you prefer for your child? Aspirations? 

The Principal was very friendly with the child and asked him about his favorites - color, toys, books etc.

SHOULD I STILL CONSIDER SUNCITY SCHOOL AS MY ASPIRED SCHOOL ?

Dear Sumit Vohraji and Dear Other parents,

This update and the comments shared by others has got me very worried about my choice of Suncity School as one of the aspired schools. And I am now wondering if i should actively drop it from my "wanted" list of schools. The school is not practising what it preaches, as evident from its lack of transparency in its Admission procedure.

Firstly, nobody knows HOW they select. Their claims of not screening the child are again opposite to what they did when all of us took our child for interaction on the day of filling the questionnaire. Secondly, they are practising  DIFFERENT procedures for different applicants. No other school that I applied to has done that. Either, schools have gone for a first come first serve or a lottery system or a point system and the method is uniform for ALL applicants in the general category.

I would like to share my experience. My husband and I had inquired about their selection procedure for nursery this year, in two separate meetings with their PRO Ms Reema Khanna during the week they were selling forms. Firstly, she did not specify what is their criterion for selection saying "we have our ways".  She categorically stated that this year they had done away with the Principal interaction and the only admission formality was the questionnaire submission along with the admission form, adding that it was compulsory to bring the child along (which was verbally communicated and not listed as one of the steps for admission formality).

Since, I had applied for their pre-nursery last year in 2011 when they had a 3 stage selective procedure of questionnaire submission, then a child interaction by two separate teachers in two rooms and finally a Principal meeting, all of which were done on three separate dates, I asked if they were doing the same this year as well. Ms Khanna replied "what happened last year is history so forget it" and that, this year they will NOT be going through those steps and said, "we have done away with the Principal meeting". On asking why they wanted to meet the child on the day of form submission and questionnaire, I was told that the child who will make it will be "the one who is SMARTEST on that day" ! 

Again, when both of us submitted the questionnaire after they had taken my ward for interaction, Ms Khanna who was collecting the forms in the hall told us "this is it" and that there would be "no more steps or meetings with the principal" and that the results wil be out on 1st October this year.

So now, if they are actually calling some parents for Principal meetings, it makes me wonder about: (1) the inconsistency (2) the transparency, and (3) the uniformity of Suncity School's Admission Procedure. It is in denial to what was stated to even ONE set of parents and that too, on several different occasions. Even more importantly,  what does it convey about the management philosophy and the value system that they propound ? What they practice in actuality is very different and in complete violation of the ethics and the values which they claim are the pillars of their school education!

Having put my thoughts here has helped me in arriving at a decision that : No, this is not where I would want my young child to start with. I know this is not an easy decision to drop the Suncity School but I am sure it will be the best in the long-run. Consistency, clarity, decisiveness, uniformity, transparency, fairness, practising before you preach and leading by example, are the hallmarks of any value system that I would like my child to acquire.

Thank you so much for going through this.

Dear Ratna and Ruchi

You have set an example by boycotting overhyped school . I am proud to have parents like you on our forum who have set an example for others !!

Dear Ratna,

I totally agree with you, even we were very keen for Suncity but looking at their attitude, I am not sure whether I should go ahead or not.

RSS

Latest Activity

Shivangi Arora joined Sakshi (Moderator)'s group
yesterday
Shivangi Arora is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
yesterday
Sakshi (Moderator) posted a blog post
Thursday
Akshita is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Apr 15
Sakshi (Moderator) replied to Piyush's discussion Class V admission in Gurgaon
Apr 15
Piyush updated their profile
Apr 14
Piyush posted a discussion
Apr 14
Profile IconSukriti and Arthur Smith joined Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Apr 10
Gaurav khurana updated their profile
Apr 5

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat