Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

5 points under transfer category are scrapped Feb 27, 2014 |

Age Correspondent | New Delhi Email this page Printer-friendly version In a last-minute change, the Delhi government has scrapped the five additional points to be given to parents who fall under the inter-state transfer category for the nursery admissions. A notification regarding this will be issued on Thursday. Residents of Delhi had moved court against the transfer quota, claiming it was unfair as their children had been deprived of five points in the open seat parameters.

The department of education (DoE) informed the Delhi high court about the change and the court has asked the Delhi government to take a decision regarding inter-state transfer category in nursery admissions and to come out with a fresh schedule for the draw of lots by Thursday. The court also asked the city government to calculate the number of seats available for seven categories of disabled kids in nursery admissions after implementing the statutory three per cent quota in the total intake by private unaided schools. Justice Manmohan passed the order after the Delhi government submitted there has been massive misuse of the inter-state transfer category.

Most of the parents in the national capital appreciated the move, however, some of them were in dilemma as the schools will have to recaliberate the points now. “I welcome the decision. It’s a big relief. Earlier, I had filled forms in 20-21 schools but chances were extremely low, as most of the parents were getting five additional points under the inter-state transfer points,” according to Shantanu Mehrotra.

Mr Sumit Vohra, founder of the admissionsnursery.com, who has been fighting against the transfer points said the parents are content as the “points were being misused by many parents.” “We were fighting for this cause and finally proved to the DoE that this point has being misused by giving documentary evidence. It is a big victory for the residents of Delhi who are living here for last 30-40 years,” Mr Vohra said.The DoE came to the conclusion about the misuse of the transfer points after a survey was carried out.

The survey, in 58 leading private schools in the city, revealed a massive misuse of transfer points. Earlier, the Delhi high court had asked the city government to explain the logic behind state transfer points. “What is the logic behind these five points? Why should one get additional points for getting transferred here? We don’t see any logic in this. It is open to malpractice,” said division bench of acting Chief Justice B.D. Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul while hearing a plea challenging the transfer category in new nursery admission guidelines.

Views: 1284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr Vohra,

you have done an excellent work. This is in fact your efforts that made all parents feel victorious.

Because of 'transfer points', we were no even eligible for draw. As was my experience (and many others like me) in Laxman Public, Hauz Khas.

GREAT JOB.

just heard new guidelines have came and u need to fill new forms for draw within two days

I got the call from school to do so

what a crap ? every thing again

please explain which type of call.

Great job done Mr Vohra and this community!

Dear Mr Vohra,

Can you please clarify on how this change will be implemented - would there be fresh draws only with 95 points scale OR do we need to fill up forms afresh as one of our friend "Anurag Jain" has pointed out in his reply 10 minutes back.

Thanks & Regrads

Ajay

it was a call from a school they told me to come to school either today or tomm and fill a one page form as they have to conduct fresh draw

@ Anurag Jain: Pls name the school..

how it matter ? im just want to chk is there any guidelines or not that's all

Thank you, Mr Vohra! Heartiest Congratulations!!

But, I have a question- will the first list of selected candidates be displayed on 28th Feb???

Thanks a lot Mr. Vohra for fighting for the rights of our children.  Your clairvoyance has indeed benefited a lot to our children.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat