Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Pls suggest which is a better option between BBPS or BGS. Factors are academics, extra curricular and Discipline. BBPS is a brand name but I heard acedemics wise, BGS is better. Pls suggest

Views: 2880

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Preeti, Divya, Vipin and Ankit
Couldn't have asked for much more detailed analysis of any school. It is really an excellent discussion here and has cleared many doubts.
Thanks a lot!!
If you have any more info on any other school please do share.
Best Regards

Hi All, I just got a mail from DPS International(Saket) that my kid's name has been selected in the lucky draw and tomorrow I need to go for document verification. Pls let me know the feedback of this school. Though DPSI belongs to DPS society but I think this does not follow CBSE pattern. Pls guide me as I am in fix. My daughter already selected in BGS and BBPS Dwarka. Pls help me in decide.

In DPS International in The Early Years (Pre Primary) Level follows the Canadian Maple Bear System, which is well integrated with the U.K. based Cambridge Curriculum.

Primary level is dedicated in providing a challenging learning environment.  The school is a center of inquiry, creativity and joyful learning, where students from     different countries come together to learn, to dream and to grow.

DPSI offers a coherent and integrated curriculum along the lines of the National Curriculum of England.

To meet the demands of the IGCSE and GCE ‘A’ Level curriculum, in grades VI, VII and VIII there is a healthy blend of the best of the international curriculum with the long-established national curriculum.

Subjects Offered: 
First language: English 
Second Language: Hindi / or any other offered foreign 
Language 
Social Studies (History + Geography + Civics) 
Science ( Chemistry + Biology + Physics)
Mathematics 
Computer 
Third Foreign Language

At the end of Grade VIII, learners may discontinue certain subjects and select new courses. However, core subjects and Information Technology remain compulsory.

Senior Secondary Curriculum
ACADEMIC PLAN FOR GRADES IX AND X 
Learners proceeding to Grades IX and X follow a two-year programme leading to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) under the aegis of Cambridge International Examinations. The IGCSE is a two-year course of equivalent standard to the GCSE in the UK. There is strong emphasis not merely on information but on the learning of academic and practical skills. The IGCSE examination is taken at the end of Grade X. The IGCSE examination provides an excellent platform for GCE 'A' Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme taken in Grades XI and XII.

ACADEMIC PLAN FOR GRADES XI and XII

GCE 'ADVANCED' level is taken at the end of grade XII

The above programme is a two-year course leading to examinations at the end of Grade XII.

Success in 'A' levels will give access to the top universities around the world and in the Indian sub-continent.

A Levels are one of the most recognised qualifications around the world. They are accepted as proof of academic ability for entry into universities, institutes of higher education.

The subject content of each of the new A Level syllabus has been divided into two parts: the A1 syllabus content which is expected to be covered in the first half of the course, and theA2 which is the second part of the syllabus. The students take A Level components at the end of the course of study - usually at the end of the second year.

Last year a parent paid for DPS International full admission amount Rs. 1,74,990. Out of this may be 50,000 will be refundable.

If you want to child to send for abroad studies or if your job is international related and plan to move then go for DPS International.

Hi Preeti, Divya and Juhi,

Have you gone ahead with BGS or choosen some other school ?

Ankit

Thanks Lathaa Ji for detailed review.

Hi Ankit, I may go for BGS as can not afford fees for DPSI. What u guys have decided abt BGS.

Thanks..

I have gone ahead with BGS and submitted the fee.

Hope it turned out to be a good decision.

Hi Ankit,

I have also submitted the fees today and have finalised BGS.

Hi Divya, Ankit, Your decision is good.

Great valuable thread and wil help a lot in time to come if I am into this situation a week or two later. As of now I will go with BGS and submit the fees tomorrow up there :) 

Today I visited BGS, as my son got selected in the school for admission process. The process was really nice and after document verification we were told to meet the Principal of the school because she meets every parent before anyone takes admission to address any doubts or queries parent might have before finalizing the admission.

She was extremely humble, down to earth, approachable and gave answers to a lot of questions herself in the briefing of the school before we asked about, the methodology they adopt, the student teacher ration and her vision with it, how football academy is helping students grow (though just not limited to football) and being consistently delivering back to back players in our national team for last few years, how the campus is secured and she herself have all the locations tracked in her room via video cam, how they strive hard to ensure that there is 100% participation of every child in the functions of the school so as to grow them in every sense and implement a vision to grow every child in that manner. She was very polite and helped us with our concerns, how the journey BGS took right frm the start as she is the founding principal and low drop out rate of around 15-20 odd children at the very max. I liked the playground, the overall infra even though it is not air conditioned. How some students from the school were even selected in the exchange program in Japan by the Indian Govt, more than 85% marks secured in class 12th if I remember correctly.

So, I felt there is a balance of academics as well as extra curricular and special attention towards the fact that every child of the class participates in extra curricular activities as well as functions of the school were key take away for me from the school and most of the things said in this thread holds true or improved (like student going abroad for exchange programs) only for BGS. I am much satisfied to continue with BGS only even if my child get through BBPS having secured 80 points. The major reason is stress on 100% participation in extra curricular as I am introvert myself and could never got a platform for being an extrovert which now in professional life I feel somehow makes me under perform at times. Hence, for me it is one of the major differentiating factor apart from approachable principal ready to answer any queries you as a parent have, no money minded approach (I do not think we paid anything even for the admission forms for this school nor they asked us to pay today apart from usual fees) in being more inclined to BGS. 

I will keep updating the feedback here as well as my blog (as on off topic) every year how the kid will do in BGS so that it is helpful for other parents too in order to take decision before admitting or choosing BGS. We will be called 16th March for a tour of school and I will post the updates as soon as I am back.

So, far  I am very much satisfied after visiting the school and there is some kind of positive vibe right from the start with this school even after visiting almost all the schools of Dwarka. I will be submitting the seat and will go ahead with the admission tomorrow.

Rest time will tell, how my kid work hard himself, and how we work hard with him with the school to be a good human being first and then an excellent student with overall exposure to academic as well as extra-curricular activities.

My sincere thanks to this forum and all the parent for helping each other out here in the journey on choosing the right school. Running a travel community myself, I understand how the active participation of members of the community helps everyone to make it more meaningful and effective.

Hello sir!

Thanks for ur feedback.My daughter also got selected in Bgs  and st. Mary .Could you help me in taking the right decision?? Our neighbour is herself working in Bgs and she said both the schools are at par, i am in big dilema what to do as both of the schools are equally good. Plz help.

Amita I am not an expert and cannot really compare between the two schools. I got selected in the draw of this school only though I filled most of the forms and almost visited all the schools

What I liked about BGS is what I explained by my heart up in the post because I always wanted that my kid go to Bal Bharati. But, somehow when I first visited the BGS school, met few kids and parents at random asked about feedback from the inner heart somewhere I had inclination and wish that my son gets selected here. God helped and we were lucky to break through. Still, I was having doubts between BBPS and BGS and then read this thread. Today when I went there, whatever is written in this thread is almost justified and true to most extent what I observed myself and after listening to the principal of the school. I also quoted in above post why I am staying with BGS over BBPS which I always wanted and is the deciding factor for me.

Regarding St. Mary, I do not have much idea as it is far from my house and hence, I did not fill the form for it due to the distance factor.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat