Nursery Admissions in Delhi Gurgaon Noida NCR 2025-26

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Gurgaon Admissions Open 2014-2015 ~ Common thread for school admissions forms, dates results,Parents are requested to update the thread with admissions dates

Views: 190172

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Apoorva, Heritage lacks in academics but else sought after (Experimental learning and if you want to shift later on to academic based children cannot cope) Feedback by many parents.

Heritage is not less in acadsmics thing is that they havs different way of teaching.its a very nice school
But jyoti many parents who shifted them to Delhi Dps and mothers informed that kids could not cope up with academics.

Jyoti I completely agree with you, they focus on developing non rote skills and are high on concepts. Which some parents are not able to understand, digest and relate to. So when such kids shift to a rote oriented school, they are expected to remember everything through rote like tables. And its perceived that they lack in academics. Concept and non-rote is slow, but develops very strong foundation. This has been proven through research and globally.

So what happens when parents compare their kids, by class 2 in a rote environment a kid would know tables, while a kid in non-rote environment would still be understand the concept  of number placement and jumping the numbers on number line. Another example is way the addition is done. To add two 3 digit numbers, rote approach is to go from right to left, wherein one first add the unit, then carry over, then add tens and so on. while in conceptual or non-rote school kids are first taught about what is 100's, 10's and 1's, then the addition happens from left to right. Similarly, multiplication; in a non-environment if a student has to multiply 12 into 8, she is clear in her mind that she has to add 12 8 times.

Given the fact, we parents have gone through rote environment throughout our life and still majority of schools in India are rote oriented, we think that the kid is lacking or is not upto the level of my neighbor's kid who know all tables.

So I do agree these high concept schools are no way less in academics.

Rajeeb,You are right but how many of them go to IIT or MIT or Harvard if we compare with DPS R K Puram.( I m telling you ,what parents see and update on forum )

It is not iit or imt which makes career there r so many other options too iin life.if parents r not ready for change in life how can they accept the changinv aura of tests grades.i believe one day every school will follow these strategies.so parents pleass wakeup.

Jyoti,I concur even i am not in favour of rote learning.

Sakshi, which are the good international schools in Guragon

Good ones: GD Goenka and Pathways

Avoidable: American Excelsior

SCOTTISH HIGH WILL ISSUE FORMS ON 29TH AUG -FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS

Classes Nursery Upwards

For Details see the link below

http://scottishigh.com/

Please see NDTV video how forms were sold out in one hour last year on 1st day

http://www.admissionsnursery.com/video/parents-reach-at-4am-4-forms...

Sakshi, does the submission of the scottish high forms also takes place in the same one hour in which the forms get sold out?

Please can you elaborate a little more on the process of obtaining and submission of forms for scottish high.

Ritu, You will be called for interaction after giving you sufficient time for form submission and then you will be informed in case you are selected.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat