Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Gurgaon Admissions Open 2014-2015 ~ Common thread for school admissions forms, dates results,Parents are requested to update the thread with admissions dates

Views: 190130

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sakshi, Could u pls share the name of Some good schools near sec 37d,ramprastha city, dwarka expressway, Pataudi Road, Gurgaon.My doughter is 22 feb 201 

Born & I am looking for admission for 2014 - 15 in nursery

DAV, Sec10A

Blue Bel, 10A

Can anyone share what is the fee structure of Amiown Sec 27 for nursery grade?

Thanks.

Hi Sakshi. Is Scottish High over hyped just because they have a fancy foreign name and a take off on the Bombay Scottish.Their form submition process is unique and overhyped.Where was the need for parents to stand stand in que from 1130 PM or 3 AM or  4 AM. They hardly saved 1 hr at max and will have to undergo the same meeting ritual like others. Reached there at 8 AM. Amazingly no parking problem as some school cab driver directed us to a sidey road which was 50 Mtrs way from school on the back side. Got the form at 9 AM. Submitted the form at 9.45 AM. Back home at  10 AM.    Found whole school today making a sales pitch 1. Even using students as live dummies in scorching sun. 2.Prefects and House captain guiding the parents. 3. To showcase the sports facilities the students were practicing taekwondo, basketball, football, tennis, cricket (on a non existent pitch with tennis balls) on a common smallish ground.4. This smallish ground which is shown as amazing green ground in their website was looking like a sand pit (when Gurgaon has been under a spell of rain for the last 1.5 month.).5 Worst is that they have limited bus seats to offer as saw quite a few students coming by private cabs which dropped them near the place where I parked my car. (all talks of security of child abuse going for a toss) Kindly comment.

Hi Prashant,

I think any school for that matter would try to showcase their best in front of the parents so they did the same....that is what I believe .....

But just if I may ask you in case your ward gets shortlisted in Scottish so would you go for it or drop off the idea...

I am doubtfull and this I can only confirm after having interaction with the the principal

Hi Prashant,

After reading your blog i believe most of the parents would be shocked. You r right there seems to be much hype created for this school. Surely your reply will act as an eye opener.

I fail to understand why are we only blaming school  for being over hyped..i think we as parents are equally responsible which was quite evident today when parents were present from 2AM to collect forms..all said and done those who wants to put their ward in scottish will take all the pain to get through..

Neha,

You are taking it other way. We agree that parents are also equally responsible for creating this kind of superficial demand. As a result schools also want to get the benefit due to which they do all these kinds of tantrums.

My question is why all schools can't issue forms online ? What is the harm in it ? I feel it would be the best option since majority of parents would be able to fill forms online without wasting time , money & having these kind of hassles.

Schools are also to be blamed for not clearly mentioning the details of following on their website :

a) Fee Structure ( with clear breakup )

b) Selection criteria ( points/lucky draw etc.)

c) Type of curriculum (CBSE/ICSE etc_

By doing so even schools would be more than happy as most of the queries are related to these only by the parents. I feel schools knowingly dont want to follow these since they may get benefit as at the end of the day schools is also a business for them.

I am sorry if anyone felt bad due to my above comments but its a fact which we can't deny and just because parents are helpless schools are taking undue advantage.

Rest you all have own thinking & surely I would appreciate to hear form you all if anyone feel otherway about this theory.

VR

I completely agree with you that all schools should follow online registration , transparent procedure & may be a common month for admissions to help parents save time, effort & money but unfortunately we can only wish for it.. at least as of now..See the whole idea of parents coming to this forum is to get feedback on schools that will help them to shortlist the right ones to apply..& based on feedback when such schools come on your list you have no option but to follow what they practice..but this doesn't mean that i advocate it..& now my question is there is any way something can be done other than just dropping that school from our list?

In comparison, have a look at the following page by GD Goenka - 

http://www.gdgoenka-gurgaon.com/admissions.html

They have listed down all the required info - this is what all the schools should follow! 

I had interaction with the principal and admission Councillor on Wednesday.  she told me that they would contact us in 2 days and will share the further process. i got the call today evening confirming the admission. they also told us all the details on payment etc. Will be soon making the payment....

Believe they said 2 days to most of the parents...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat