Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Nursery Admissions In Gurgaon Schools 2017 -18 official thread for admission form dates/Results etc

Views: 80829

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Anamika !! That surely helps..

Bhawna

In Delhi more than 2000 schools take 3yrs on 31 mar as per ashok ganguly child should be 5 yrs in 1st grade . All leading schools of noida  like DPS /somerville n uthers have brought age from 3.5 yrs to 3 yrs on 31 mar

Dont waste one year .rest final call is yours

Thanks Sakshi !! Will definitely ponder over it.

Can you also comment on DAV and Salwaan. Also where do they stand in the list that I have thought of applying to.

DPS 45, Lotus Valley, GD Goenka, Amiown..

Dav sec 14 would be at par  DPS 45, Lotus Valley, GD Goenka but DAV/DPS are  conventional school

Amiown has good reviews till kg n in 1st they charge complete feesagain n its like other amity sec 46 1st onwards(only main academics focus )

That raises another query in my mind. Although I have been able to come down to this list after doing a lot of research and speaking to many parents, but still somewhere in the corner of my mind I have this question: whether conventional schooling is better or the modern schooling - where considerable focus is given on extra curricular activities. 

Just thinking loud, I understand that extra curricular activities help bringing up unique attributes of the child and overall development, but still the main bread earner is academics only, at least in India. In primary classes this is fine but as you move to higher classes one needs to focus on academics.

So I am really confused as to what type of school I should target.

I haven't done much research infact have just started. My perspective on your question is that the focus should neither be academics ( rote learning which majority of us have seen and experienced) nor extra curricular. The focus should be on childs mental development, critical thinking skills, obervations skills, investigation skills etc. I believe teaching pedagogy should our main criteria which I am not sure how many schools reveal. In this information age as you move higher the expectation is to be creative and different which would come from these skills . Mooc ando ther online courses are a good source for academic input which children can access on their own once they reach higher classess

Bhawna

i agree with shweta ..pls see the difference between two of them

see blog by educationist Lathaaji (head core team member)

http://www.admissionsnursery.com/profiles/blogs/new-age-schools-vs-...

Saurabh

You cannot compare apple with oranges

Amity sec 46/43 mainly focus only academics like noida n delhi branches ..not an holistic school ( yes amiown till kg is good but you have to pay again complete admission fees in sec 46 and it is like other any other  amity after 1st ,focus on academics only)

As per last year parents reviews for holistic and academics  both

G. D goenka > Millenium >shalom  (suncity takes 3.5 yrs)

List of schools taking 3 yrs

http://www.admissionsnursery.com/group/nursery_school_admissions_in...

Pls see fee structure group for fees on home page
Suncity takes admission at 3?? Their website says 3.5 as on march.

Its 3,5 yrs only

i think saurabh got confused.

Please share your views for below schools for 3+ in gurgaon

Scottish High, GD Goenka,Millenium,Shriram,Shikshantar,Heritage,DPS,Amity

And what's there admission criteria as my daughter would be 3.6 by march 2017?

RSS

Latest Activity

Shivangi Arora joined Sakshi (Moderator)'s group
yesterday
Shivangi Arora is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
yesterday
Sakshi (Moderator) posted a blog post
Thursday
Akshita is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Apr 15
Sakshi (Moderator) replied to Piyush's discussion Class V admission in Gurgaon
Apr 15
Piyush updated their profile
Apr 14
Piyush posted a discussion
Apr 14
Profile IconSukriti and Arthur Smith joined Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Apr 10
Gaurav khurana updated their profile
Apr 5

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat