Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25

Admission Dates | Admission Criteria | Compare schools | Fee Details

Nursery Admissions - Gurgaon Admissions Open 2015-2016 ~ Common official thread for school admissions forms dates, results . Parents are requested to update the thread with admissions dates

Views: 135038

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

DPS 45, I think is not providing value for money. I was always double minded when I filled the form for Pre Nursery.Though I didn't get through in the draw, but it helped me to clear some air of confusion for me as I was never fully convinced with the costs (read future costs as well - 70% increase in the admission fee in last 2 years and 40% increase in tution fee). I understand that it is good in academics (not so great in other fronts, as I read the feedback). Distance is another criteria for me from Sec 21.

DAV 14 is a good school with great feedback. Very rigorous in academics as I have direct feedback from my cousin who has 2 kids studying in there. It has been shaped very well by the principal Mrs Makkar over last 2 decades. She has not left so there might be some change as well, but cannot be predicted. One thing is very clear that the principal play a big role in shaping a school in all aspects. That is the reason not all DAV or DPS schools are at the same level in NCR or in India. Of course the principal's functioning and vision may be affected from the environmental factors (management's vision, interference, etc) as well.

Regarding Blue Bells Sec4, it has 33 years of experience and the school has been doing great since the start. It has attained 100% results in board exams till date and the school hosts as well as represents in all the extra-curricular activities (olympiads, debates, sports, etc) and mostly acheives good positions. Look at the below links from their website. You will not find this in many school websites. It is not that they might have missed this crucial piece of info.

http://www.bluebells.org/bbms/HallOfFame/bluebells-schools-hall-of-...

http://www.bluebells.org/bbms/Achievements/bluebells-schools-achiev...

There is not much feedback on the school because this area is more closer for the old Gurgaon and sectors as this part is not so active on AN. The newer sectors on the other side of the highway have lots of other options, though mostly new in comparison.

Also, Sakshi pointed me to some discussion from last year from an Alumna of Blue Bells.

http://www.admissionsnursery.com/forum/topics/gurgaon-admissions-op...

See if u want to go for hardcore academics...den go 4 DAV . If u want an overall dev. Go 4 dps
Hi nitin, pls provide the amount for initial fee to be paid in dps sec 45. Also any other details to be provided. It has to be in cheque or dd?

Could not attend the draw for my son, but he is selected. Also I am waiting for dav result? Would it be online result or we have to go to school?

Thanks

Hi Minu, you can refer the following for the fee details, you might have got this when you got the form. It can be through cheque. Exact amount can be calculated. I'm planning to check with them before putting the amount on cheque. DAV result is available on their website now.

Hi Sakshi & Parents

I hven't seen any discussion regarding the HDFC School. Even though the Principal is former Principal of DAV school.We went to meet her and she seems to be a very nice & humble lady, had clear cut vision about the school. Their Primary wing will get ready by Jan 15 & senior wing construction will start next year. The fee including First quarter is around 115,000. As we are considering this school for our child in Nursery, I want to get honest feedback from you guys. The last date to deposit the Fee is 6th Sep. Also we are thinking about LVIS for which the forms will be out tomorrow.

For a school, things will fall into place with time, even though the top mgmt/leadership may be the best...so for a kid in PreN or Nursery.. it would be putting them into experiment mode....   it might turn out to be very good as well.. but its all about taking that risk... my view atleast 1-3 yrs operational school...unless we are not getting admission anywhere else.. you can try this next year.. (PS-  I am also looking for Nursery admission next session)

Well I wont get my child admitted to a school solely on the basis of Principal. She may have a fallout with with management in 1 year and leave the school. Then What?

I would let the school settle down. There are better options in the market.

I concur with Ankit.

Agree..

Dear Rohit ,

Apart from view of Mr Pankaj and Mr Ankit ... My take is as follows ( Basis purely on practical aspects - pl do correct as my feedback/views are based on the feedback I have received from my office colleagues whose daughter has been selected for Nursery in HDFC). further I was ALL in for my daughter to get admission in HDFC but a) My Daughter was not fulfilling the AGE criteria (b ) Following aspects forced me rethink :

1) If I am right ( pl correct if wrong) : Even for Nursery the school timing is Morning 7.30 am in Summers and 8.00 am in Winters ..... This to me looks absolute challenging ( Gone are the days when we were kid and all schools were at 7/8 am types) in context of family life styles in Gurgaon as getting little champs ready for school after daily routine at 7 am is going to be the Herculean task
2)Top of it there will be NO lunch or Snacks provided by school - Hence little kiddo has to take lunch along in Morning 7 am and If she/ he doesn't like the food then nothing available from school ???? To me this look very odd
3) the building is not yet ready( by all means it will be take another Six months) school administration is confident; I don't know why - as the construction work is getting executed by Ansals's which is famous ( ??) for timely delivery... for GOD sacks if the building get delayed then what will happen?
4) Mrs Anita Makkar ( Former Principal of DAV sector 14) has joined as principal - a good sign but I would prefer that school first get stabilises for earlier classes as there is very little room for experiment for early classes ( in terms of food, hygiene etc etc)
5) No AC/ All weather class rooms etc ( Winters will be challenging)
6)in my opinion - For the child say class 3rd + ( Where by kids are grown) a chance can be taken basis the legacy of HDFC.

Do correct my views if the assumptions/ facts are wrong.....

By the was I secured admission for my daughter in GD Goenka as she was fulfilling 3+ criteria ( March 31,2015)

Rohit

Are you aware same thing happened in Shiv Nadar , what Ankit has written They principal could not get admissions and was shown the door , Now Ex Shriram Principal has joined . Will you consider SN because of Shriram principal has joined , when building is not complete .?

Give  HDFC School at least one year .

Blue Bells Admission Open

http://bluebells.org/bbps/

RSS

Latest Activity

Shivangi Arora joined Sakshi (Moderator)'s group
Friday
Shivangi Arora is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Friday
Sakshi (Moderator) posted a blog post
Thursday
Akshita is now a member of Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Apr 15
Sakshi (Moderator) replied to Piyush's discussion Class V admission in Gurgaon
Apr 15
Piyush updated their profile
Apr 14
Piyush posted a discussion
Apr 14
Profile IconSukriti and Arthur Smith joined Nursery Admissions in Delhi NCR 2024-25
Apr 10
Gaurav khurana updated their profile
Apr 5

© 2024   Created by Sumit Vohra (Webmaster).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Chat